Thursday 28 April 2011

What if my project depends on foo.jar but foo.jar is not included on any repository? [Maven]


What if my project depends on foo.jar but foo.jar is not included on any repository? Then create you local repository and add the dependency on the project's pom.xml






Create local repository [assuming you have the rights to edit /opt/]:
$ mkdir /opt/my-repo

edit pom.xml:

my
file:///opt/my-repo


install foo.jar:
$ mvn install:install-file -Dfile=path/to/foo.jar -DgroupId=foo -DartifactId=foo -Dversion=0.0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -DlocalRepositoryPath=/opt/my-repo

Then when you will package the output war/jar/whatever foo.jar will be included ;)



References
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2065928/maven-2-assembly-with-dependencies-jar-under-scope-system-not-included

No comments:

Post a Comment